This blog is a place to file my thoughts and ramblings on my journey to good health. It has been created to coincide with the commencement of my second round of Michelle Bridges' 12 Week Body Transformation (12WBT) - Round 1, 2013. My first round of the 12WBT, Round 4, 2012 saw me lose 14 kilograms or 16.1% of my starting body weight over the 12 weeks of the program. I have lost a total of 26 kilograms since mid-October 2012.

I hope that this blog will help me maintain my own motivation to improve my health and lifestyle, and that you might also gain some inspiration for your journey through reading about mine. Thanks for visiting!

Friday, February 8, 2013

Talking Treats


In transitioning from days filled with chocolate, chips, sugar and fats (my old comfort foods) to days where food was heavily regulated (well compared to my previous dealings with food, my meagre 1200 calories/day felt heavily regulated) and healthy, I did experience plenty of feelings of deprivation...and still do from time to time. In order to help combat those feelings, and let's be honest they were only feelings, I found that having some foods on hand that I really looked forward to helped enormously. These special 'treats' (picture a donkey, driver and a carrot on a long stick if you will ;-) that were still healthy, and lower in calories than what I usually considered a treat, helped bolstered my motivation to stay on track. So, I thought I'd share some of the things that I found delicious and treat-worthy on here.

The first treat I'd like to mention here are delicious Cacao Fudge Bites! YUMMMMMMMMMO. Now, I can't give you the recipe, but if you are a member of the 12WBT, the recipe can be found there in the index. Definitely give them a try. They are super quick and easy to make, they taste delicious and if you follow the recipe they come out at about 80 calories a piece (mine are a bit less because I made smaller bites). I made my latest batch of bites using a cute non-stick Wiltshire Petit Four/Chocolate tin that I picked up in Woolies. Even with the non-stick (and some freezing) they were a bit tricksy to get out, and involved a fair amount of hammering on the bottom of the tin.


WARNING: They are pretty darn delicious, so kinda more-ish! If you don't want to blow your whole day's snack allowance in one sitting, perhaps freeze them so that you (or any other munchy-mouths in your house) don't keep seeing them in the fridge and snacking on them.

1 comment:

Patrice said...

Mmmmmm best I don't make these - I think I'd eat the lot.

I'm so glad you've made this blog - you are an inspiration! I can't figure out how to join as a follower though...