This blog is a place to file my thoughts and ramblings on my journey to good health. It has been created to coincide with the commencement of my second round of Michelle Bridges' 12 Week Body Transformation (12WBT) - Round 1, 2013. My first round of the 12WBT, Round 4, 2012 saw me lose 14 kilograms or 16.1% of my starting body weight over the 12 weeks of the program. I have lost a total of 26 kilograms since mid-October 2012.

I hope that this blog will help me maintain my own motivation to improve my health and lifestyle, and that you might also gain some inspiration for your journey through reading about mine. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Have you lost your weight?


I've gotta say, I personally find it a very nice feeling when people notice that I have lost weight, and remark on it. Having only moved up to Alice in late July last year, I don't know a lot of people here, and those I do know, I don't know really well (yet)...so I wasn't expecting anyone to really note the change in size that I have been undergoing, much less make comment on it.

However, just in the last two days I've had two people come up to me and comment (they haven't been the first either). One, another mum (a passing acquaintance) at school commented that I was "disappearing". This one made me chuckle. While "disappearing" is a significant exaggeration, it is a much nicer feeling than being obese! The second comment I received in a store today (where I was buying food...healthy food in case you were interested). The lady serving me, whose first language is probably not English, asked me if I had "lost my weight"? "Yes, yes I have!" I proudly replied, while thinking....and I hope I never find it again either. I also told her that her delicious food had helped me do it....which made her smile brightly. It was a win, win for us both!

I know I don't need this kind of confirmation from strangers, but let's be honest.....a teensy bit of positive feedback from a relative stranger is a wonderful thing :-). So thanks for noticing!

I'll be back soon with more details on how my first week of Round 1 went.

No comments: