This blog is a place to file my thoughts and ramblings on my journey to good health. It has been created to coincide with the commencement of my second round of Michelle Bridges' 12 Week Body Transformation (12WBT) - Round 1, 2013. My first round of the 12WBT, Round 4, 2012 saw me lose 14 kilograms or 16.1% of my starting body weight over the 12 weeks of the program. I have lost a total of 26 kilograms since mid-October 2012.

I hope that this blog will help me maintain my own motivation to improve my health and lifestyle, and that you might also gain some inspiration for your journey through reading about mine. Thanks for visiting!

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Healthy Meal Favourites...

I am going to share some of my favourite healthy meals on this blog too. As I mentioned before, having some scrumptious, healthy food on hand for times when I felt prone to falling off the wagon, made a huge difference to me. Knowing I have one of my favourite meals to look forward to in the evening has gotten me through many a craving-filled afternoon, unscathed.


Now I know that prawns are not everyone's idea of bliss, but they are mine! The image above is far more likely to set my mouth watering now than that of a Mars Bar. Whodathunkit?

The ingredients in the image above are what I use to make scrum-diddly-uptious fresh Spring Rolls....


I have been making these for years. The ingredients have changed somewhat over time, but they are still fresh, light and yummy. You can easily substitute the prawns for chicken or BBQ pork. I often change the green beans for cucumber, and sometimes add bean sprouts too. All taste great. I actually prefer my spring rolls to have a big fresh mint leaf on top, but when I made these this afternoon I didn't have any fresh mint on hand, so basil it was!

I calculate these rolls to be about 75 calories each. That includes two whole, medium-sized tiger prawns each, and also allows for about 5 grams of sweet chilli sauce per roll, as a dipping sauce. They can be a bit fiddly and time-consuming to make, but if you bring the kids in on the action you'll get them done and dusted in no time (although the quality control on the end product goes down some - just sayin').

Do yourself a favour...stock up on the delicious, healthy and nutritious foods that you love! I think you'll find it makes a big difference to how well you manage to stay on track, if you are not constantly feeling deprived.

No comments: