This blog is a place to file my thoughts and ramblings on my journey to good health. It has been created to coincide with the commencement of my second round of Michelle Bridges' 12 Week Body Transformation (12WBT) - Round 1, 2013. My first round of the 12WBT, Round 4, 2012 saw me lose 14 kilograms or 16.1% of my starting body weight over the 12 weeks of the program. I have lost a total of 26 kilograms since mid-October 2012.

I hope that this blog will help me maintain my own motivation to improve my health and lifestyle, and that you might also gain some inspiration for your journey through reading about mine. Thanks for visiting!

Friday, February 8, 2013

One of my Round 1 Milestones...


I also wanted to share one of my bestest-evah Round 1 milestones with you while I was here....because I can, and it was very, very exciting! On 27th January I took part in my very first triathlon, the Frampton's Women's Triathlon held in Alice Springs, by the Alice Springs Triathlon Club. It was only a small triathlon, 100 metres swim, 5 kilometres bike ride and 1 kilometre run, but last October (when I was 22.5 kgs heavier) I would have had trouble doing any one of those legs by itself, let alone all three in quick succession.

I was so excited and nervous on the day, but I finished, and I was pretty darn pleased with my time as well: 24 mins and 17 seconds. The swim (which consisted of five laps across the pool) was my least favourite leg, but I made it (just ;-).
This next photo, sourced from the Alice Springs Triathlon Club Facebook Page makes me smile...because it was taken just as I approached the finish line and I think you can see the joy that the moment held for me (grinning like a fool I was)...


...and close to passing out too (well that's what I felt like doing).

I can't wait for my next mini-triathlon. There is another one in March, where you only have to do one of the legs, in a team of three. That will seem like a walk in the park after this one!

2 comments:

Patrice said...

Look at you! So so so proud of you. You look fabulous. Now if only I can lose a bit of excess and get as fit and healthy as you are. I'm going to try, and with your support and encouragement I'm off to a great start! x

Sam said...

Thanks so much Patrice. Your comment is really appreciated!

You can do it girly. Looking forward to sharing this journey with you, and blowing it out of the water too.

:-)
Sam.