This blog is a place to file my thoughts and ramblings on my journey to good health. It has been created to coincide with the commencement of my second round of Michelle Bridges' 12 Week Body Transformation (12WBT) - Round 1, 2013. My first round of the 12WBT, Round 4, 2012 saw me lose 14 kilograms or 16.1% of my starting body weight over the 12 weeks of the program. I have lost a total of 26 kilograms since mid-October 2012.

I hope that this blog will help me maintain my own motivation to improve my health and lifestyle, and that you might also gain some inspiration for your journey through reading about mine. Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Let's fly like the wind...

Tomorrow is the big day - Day 1, Week 1, Round 1, 2103 of the 12WBT. Bring it on!

In preparation I dragged the kids out of bed early this morning, chucked two on their bikes, one in the pram and set off on foot. While I was out, I wanted to see how my 1 km run* was doing. We've only just become acquainted, and I'd like to become really good friends :-). On my last attempt I managed 5 mins 50 seconds, which for me...is flying like the wind (let's be real...I am no Usain Bolt and nor will I ever be....good to know your limitations, yes?). Today, however, I forgot that I'd be pushing the pram. It is no excuse, but does kinda alleviate my disappointment some. The first 1 km I managed in 6 mins 20 seconds, but when I ran* it on the way back I only managed 7 mins 10 seconds.

We were out for 1 hour 20 mins in total, and I burnt 847 calories all up. Gotta be happy with that!


If you are about to start Round 1, good luck and fly like the wind!

* run and ran are generous terms for what it is that I do...plod and plodded might perhaps be more accurate descriptions!

No comments: